Thank you for choosing to be a member of the Ricardo Lopez Law P.C. community (“Ricardo Lopez Law,” “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are devoted to safeguarding your personal information and respecting your right to privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues about this privacy notice or our practices with your personal information.
We appreciate your trust in us when you visit our website https://www.ricardolopezlaw.com/ (the “Website”) and, more broadly, utilize any of our services (the “Services,” which include the Website). We value your privacy very much. We hope that this privacy notice explains what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in connection to it as clearly as possible. We hope you will take the time to read it thoroughly since it is critical. If you do not agree with any of the conditions in this privacy notice, please stop using our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (including, as previously stated, our website), as well as any linked services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please carefully read this privacy notice as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
1. how do we collect information?
Data that is automatically gathered
When you access our website, certain information is automatically gathered, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics.
When you visit, use, or navigate the Website, we automatically gather some information. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but it may include device and usage data such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our website, and other technical information. This information is largely required for the security and functioning of our website, as well as for internal analytics and reporting.
We, like numerous other organizations and companies, collect information through cookies and other similar technologies.
We gather the following information
- Data from logs and use. Log and use data is information about service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance that our servers automatically gather when you access or use our Website and stores in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’), and hardware settings).
- Data from the device. We gather device data, which includes information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device from which you use the Website. This device data may contain information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and operating system configuration information, depending on the device utilized.
- Geographic Information. We gather information data such as information on the location of your device, which might be exact or imprecise. The amount of information we gather is determined by the settings of the device you use to visit the Website. For example, we may gather geolocation data via GPS and other technologies to determine your present position (depending on your IP address). You can refuse to enable us to gather this information by either rejecting access to the information or deactivating your device’s Locations settings. However, if you opt out, you may be unable to utilize certain parts of the Services.
2. how will we apply your information?
We process your information for legitimate business interests, contract fulfilment, compliance with our legal responsibilities, and/or your consent.
Personal information gathered through our website is used for a number of commercial objectives, as detailed below. We treat your personal information for these reasons in order to engage into or complete a contract with you, with your agreement, and/or to comply with our legal requirements. Next to each objective indicated below, we identify the exact processing grounds on which we rely.
We utilize the information we gather or receive in the following ways:
- To make the account creation and logon procedure easier. If you want to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we will utilize the information you gave us permission to acquire from those third parties to expedite account setup and login procedure for contract execution.
- To publish testimonials. On our website, we offer testimonials that may contain personal information. We will get your permission to use your name and the approval of the testimonial before posting it. If you want to change or delete your testimony, please send an email to email@example.com and include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Seek feedback. We may use your information to contact you about your usage of our website and to solicit feedback.
- To allow for user-to-user contact. We may use your information to facilitate user-to-user conversations with the consent of each user.
- Managing user accounts. We may use your information to manage our account and keep it in good functioning condition.
- To send you marketing and promotional materials. If your marketing choices allow it, we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you supply us for marketing reasons. We will gather personal information from you when you show an interest in learning more about us or our Website, subscribe to marketing, or otherwise contact us. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailings at any moment (see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Provide you with tailored advertising. We may use your information to create and display personalized content and advertising (together with third-party partners) customized to your interests and/or location, as well as to assess their performance.
3. will your data be shared with anyone?
We only disclose information with your permission, in order to comply with laws, provide you with services, safeguard your rights, or meet commercial duties.
We may process or share your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: If you have granted us express consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose, we may treat your data.
- Legitimate Business Interests: We may treat your data when doing so is reasonably required to further our legitimate business interests.
- Contract Performance: If we have a contract with you, we may use your personal information to carry out the terms of that deal.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More precisely, under the following circumstances, we may be required to process your data or share your personal information:
- Commercial Transfers. We may disclose or transfer your information as part of or during the course of any merger, sale of corporate assets, financing, or purchase of all or a portion of our business by another firm.
- Business associates. We may share your information with our business partners in order to provide you with certain products, services, or promotions.
In summary, we may collect and keep your information using cookies and other tracking technologies.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies (such as web beacons and pixels) may be used to access or store information. Our Cookie Notice contains specific information on how we use such technologies and how you may refuse certain cookies.
5. do we make use of google maps?
Yes, we utilize Google Maps to provide better service.
6. is your information transferred globally?
Your information may be transferred, stored, and processed in countries other than your own.
Our servers may be found in. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities as well as by third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
If you live in the European Economic Area, these nations may not have data protection regulations or other comparable rules that are as thorough as those in your country. However, in compliance with this privacy notice and relevant legislation, we will take all necessary precautions to secure your personal information.
7. how long do we keep your data?
We preserve your information for as long as it is required to achieve the purposes described in this privacy notice, unless otherwise required by law.
We will only store your personal information for as long as it is required or authorized by law (for example, tax, accounting, or other legal obligations).
When we no longer have a legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it; if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in backup archives), we will securely store it and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
8. how do we keep your data safe?
We seek to safeguard your personal information through a system of organizational and technical safeguards.
We have put in place adequate technological and organizational security measures to ensure the safety of any personal information we process. However, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be completely secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to secure your personal information, you are responsible for transmitting personal information to and from our website. You should only use the Website in a safe context.
9. do we collect data from minors?
Ricardo Lopez Law does not intentionally collect or market to minors under the age of 18.
We do not intentionally collect or market to children under the age of 18. By using the Website, you signify that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of a minor dependent and consent to the use of the Website by such minor dependent. If we discover that personal information from users under the age of 18 has been obtained, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to erase such data from our databases as soon as possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware of any data, we may have obtained from minors under the age of 18.
10. what are your rights to privacy?
You may examine, update, or cancel your account at any moment.
If you are a US resident and feel we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory body. Their contact information may be found here:
11. do-not-track feature controls
Most web browsers, as well as some mobile operating systems and applications, contain a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) option or setting that you may use to express your privacy choice not to have data about your online browsing activity monitored and collected. There is currently no common technical standard for recognizing and applying DNT signals. As a result, we presently do not respond to DNT browser signals or any other technique that expresses your preference not to be tracked online. If an online tracking standard is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will notify you in an updated version of this privacy notice.
12. Do residents of California have specific privacy rights?
If you live in California, you have certain rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, allows our California users to request and obtain information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, as well as the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year, once a year and free of charge. If you are a California resident and would want to make such a request, please send it to us in writing at the address shown below.
If you are under the age of 18, live in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to have undesirable data publicly posted on the Website removed. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the information given below, including your email address and a declaration that you live in California. We will ensure that the data is not publicly visible on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be totally or thoroughly erased from all of our systems (for example, backups).
13. Are there any updates to this notice?
We will update this notice as needed to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. The revised version will be denoted by a new “Revised” date, and it will be effective as soon as it is available. We may notify you of major changes to this privacy notice by publicly displaying a notice of such changes or by directly emailing you a communication. We urge you to check our privacy notice on a regular basis so that you are aware of how we secure your information.
14. How can you get in touch with us about this notice?
If you have any questions or concerns concerning this notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Ricardo Lopez Law is located at 100 Oceangate, 12th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802, United States of America.
HOW CAN YOU CHECK, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
According to your country’s legislation, you may have the right to seek access to, amend, or delete the personal information we collect from you in certain circumstances. Please submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to examine, amend, or remove your personal information. We will respond within 30 days to your request.